Add some ‘hygge’ into your life
I was very lucky to grow up with ‘hygge’ in Denmark. Pronounced “hoo-ga”, this Danish concept cannot be translated to one single word but encompasses a feeling of cozy contentment and well-being through enjoying the simple things in life. As the nights draw closer, now is the perfect time to introduce a little hygge into your life. Light a candle and relax on the sofa with your favourite blanket and just be in the moment.
a feeling of cozy contentment and well-being through enjoying the simple things in life
According to studies, Danes are some of the happiest people in the world, and I want to invite you to bring hygge into your life by getting consciously cozy and trying the following:
- Take a break and get comfy.
- Be here now, in the moment – turn off phones and other distractions.
- Turn down the lights and light candles.
- Build relationships by spending time with your tribe and the things you enjoy.
- Give yourself a break from the demands of life. It’s okay to ‘cheat’ once in a while: cake and hot chocolate are most definitely hygge!
- Live life today, like there is no coffee tomorrow.
- Enjoy and appreciate all the little things in life.
Did you know that scents can improve mood, decrease stress and encourage healing? The soft light and fragrance of a candle not only reduces stress by relaxing us, but they can actually help us improve our mood and the atmosphere in our homes.
Scents can have positive effects on mood, stress reduction, sleep enhancement, and physical and cognitive performance. So light a candle, get cozy, relax and appreciate all you have overcome in the last few months.